Hey my friends!
I know with Christmas being less than 2 days away, the stress and anxiety is building up.
Try not to stress too much. Here are a few tips I have to help alleviate a stressful Christmas day:
- Make a list – Write down all the things you need to do now. Don’t wait until the night before or the morning of to decide what you want to do.
- Delegate responsibilities – if you have people that can assist you, please utilize their services. Don’t try to take on everything by yourself. And don’t wait til the day of to ask for help.
- Menu planning – it is important to plan your meal. You need to know how much to make and what items you are making. If there are people planning on bringing a dish, find out what it is. You don’t want multiple dishes of the same food item.
- Prepare food in advance – try to prepare as many dishes as you can in advance. Sometimes we think because an item is easy to prepare, we can just make them the motning of Christmas. Believe me, if it’s easy and it’s not an item that is better the day of the meal, make it ahead of time. You can also prepare a casserole, don’t bake it, but instead put it in the refrigerator. The morning of your dinner, just pop it in the oven. This saves you tons of time and alleviates some unnecessary stress.
- Refrigerator space – this seems like a no brainer, but you’ll be surprised how many times someone has had an event and have no space to store the leftover food.
- Pick out your attire – one of my most stressful parts of hosting, is having your guests arrive and you’re not dressed at all! My suggestion is to lay your outfit out the day before. Decide how you want to do your hair and/or makeup by laying out all the products you need. And if you followed steps 1 through 5, you’ll have ample time to beautify yourself.
Until next time, night night 💋